Monday, June 13, 2005

Wail to Ama

Ama
I feel the thunder of the boots
marching by the thousands,
I hear sounds of mortars,
gun fire and bombings,
I sense the cries, sobs and the tears
of mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers

Amaa
I see only red,
and at times dark
I see red flags
and sometimes dark

Amaaa
I see red
red everywhere
Red Heads, Red Scarfs, Red Banners
and Red Salutes.

Red in the North
Red in the South
Red in the East
Red in the West
I see Red Heads everywhere,
those crazy Red Heads everywhere

Amaaaa
let's chase those crazy Red Heads
let's chase them
from our villages, towns and cities
let's chase those crazy Red Heads
from our body, mind and soul

Amaaaaa
otherwise all i see is war
war, War, WAR
war everywhere

Amaaaaaa
we don't want no more trouble
all we want is peace
peace

Amaaaaaaaaaaa
Amaaaaaaaaaaaa
Amaaaaaaaaaaaaa
why does your milk
taste like blood

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I do not know if I want to come out
I do not know if you want me to be born
for I am still in your womb.

Aamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home